How Regular Dental Cleanings Can Save You Time and Money
Visiting your dentist at least twice a year for cleanings is a necessity for maintaining good oral hygiene. Routine visits will ensure your teeth will stay healthy, plus you’ll prevent minor issues from turning into serious concerns down the road. The dental experts at LANCO Dental Care in Lancaster, PA want to share a few reasons why regular dental cleanings can be useful for your oral health and can even save you time and money.
Avoid costlier dental procedures
Dental cleanings can help you avoid costly dental problems by reducing the risk of cavities and removing plaque and bacteria that can damage your teeth and gums. When you stick to a regularly scheduled dental cleaning regimen every six months, you can reduce the risk of needing more intensive procedures, such as:
- Dental fillings for cavities.
- Root canals
- Gum disease treatments
- Dental implants and dentures (which still require the same dental cleanings)
Professional dental cleanings can also help prevent tooth decay, discoloration, and bad breath.
Save time on treatments
Many people feel they don’t have the time to schedule dental cleanings. We at LANCO Dental Care know you have a busy schedule and want to help you maintain proper oral hygiene without taking more time than expected. An average dental cleaning procedure can take from 30 – 60 minutes to complete. The time you’ll spend in the office won’t be too long either, although it is easier if you complete the necessary paperwork for a visit before you arrive.
The time you’ll spend during a dental cleaning will be worthwhile when you consider the extra time necessary for more intensive treatments resulting from you not scheduling regular cleanings:
- Dental x-rays could take an hour to complete in some situations. The process for developing x-ray prints and reading them can take a while.
- You’ll require multiple appointments for some dental procedures, especially when bearing with the more intensive ones.
- Treatments, like filling a cavity or extracting a tooth, could take a few hours to complete. The timing will vary over how significant the issue could be.
- Some procedures may require an anesthetic. You’ll spend more time recovering from a process if you need one.
- You may also experience many dietary restrictions depending on the treatment you receive.
Don’t let the worry of spending an hour on a dental cleaning deter you from an appointment. Think about how much time you’ll save by avoiding more intensive procedures that would require even more time to fix.
Where to find affordable, convenient dental care in Lancaster, PA
At LANCO Dental Care, we provide dental care and dental cleanings for men, women, and children in Lancaster, PA. We are dedicated to helping you with all of your dental care needs. We want you to have a clean and healthy mouth and ensure you don’t spend more time and money on your teeth than necessary. If you haven’t had a regular cleaning in a while and let too much time lapse in-between visits, contact our staff today to schedule an appointment.