How Your Dentist Is Keeping You Safe During COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has created unprecedented challenges. The American Dental Association now recommends that dental teams weigh the risk in their local area with symptoms of COVID-19 and providing care for patients. The team at LANCO Dental Care is taking every measure to ensure their dentists, staff, and patients' safety. You can schedule a dentist appointment with the knowledge and comfort that LANCO Dental Care is taking every possible precaution by following CDC guidelines and making patient safety the top priority. Read on to learn more about our updated dental safety at our Lancaster, PA office to have a comfortable, safe experience.
How is my dentist helping prevent the spread of COVID-19?
Dental facilities throughout the country adapted their initial safety guidelines to account for the spread of COVID-19. Upon entering LANCO Dental Care, every patient is pre-screened for COVID-19 symptoms, asked to use hand sanitizer, and has their temperature taken. Appointments are now limited each day to allow for social distancing in the waiting area and throughout our office. Patient safety is a priority for our team at LANCO Dental Care, and current CDC guidelines are enforced. Other changes implemented to protect our patients and staff from symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- All dental tools and surfaces are disinfected.
- Our staff wears protective equipment during all dental appointments.
- Patients must wear a protective face mask until in their exam room.
- Extra time is allotted between appointments to thoroughly clean and disinfect.
- Patients are asked to limit the number of family members brought to their appointment.
- Children's toys, beverages, and magazines have been removed from our waiting room.
- Our dental practice uses a high-speed evacuation system as an additional safety measure for our patients and staff members. It is a suction device that draws a large volume of air and reduces the number of respiratory droplets that leave a patient's mouth during dental treatments.
- Patients are asked to contact our team should they develop COVID-19 symptoms within 48 hours after their appointment.
Is it safe to go to the dentist now, or should I wait?
Healthy teeth and gums are a vital part of proper oral hygiene. The American Dental Association (ADA) has shown dental care is safe in these times of a pandemic. The CDC guidelines continue to see dental care as an essential health care service, and dental cleanings and exams are necessary to prevent dental disease. So, is it safe to go to the dentist now? The answer is yes, especially with dental practices, like LANCO Dental Care, committed to your health and safety.
What is the importance of dental cleanings?
When dental practices reopened for non-emergency appointments, patients could visit their dentist for dental cleanings and preventive care. Routine dental cleanings and fluoride treatments help strengthen tooth enamel and remove harmful plaque buildup for healthier teeth and gums, reducing the risk of developing gum disease or cavities. It is essential to maintain regular visits to the dentist every six months for dental cleanings and checkups to protect your smile and avoid future dental problems.
Dental practices like LANCO Dental Care are taking the necessary steps and following CDC guidelines to keep their patients safe. If you are overdue for a dental cleaning or have additional questions about coronavirus/COVID-19 and the dentist, contact our office in Lancaster, PA, to speak to one of our team members today.